HIGH STREET POET AFFAIRS


FROM THE DEEM WE ROSE BRIGHT


 




















I opened my eyes to blink
All I see are clicks from beautiful chicks
 To the other side men with their own bottles
Yelling at me .for the first time
It reminded me of word once told
When I had a crash on someone’s wife
That’s when I was five.

I gathered courage, yes the same courage
I once had when I was being whipped
For failing my math test
Gathered chips of the so called words
Spited the heaviest piece
Part of the perfect piece I kept deep down my deep heart
The piece I once used after four week
With sleepless night to concur she heard heavy heart.
With no heist like a beast raised my voice
Raise it with more heat to never let it down
Raised it to light they with deem feelings

Looked straight in eyes of men sitting to my right
Right staring at me.my heart pumped fast
As fast as when my friend told me he was dumped
Felt coldness the whole body, fear overwhelmed my whole
For the first time I wished on his mic to never again come near
.”You see us on stage but some of us it’s never that dear”

Held a mic to not leave it again with a wish only one in me
None Rather than wishing it could fly away my fear
My hands full of heat drought out a river of sweat
Lost the next line in my head, red to remember
Sitting under a big tree, yes we were tree I dad and ma mom
Chatting and chanting here my dad making mats
The sore motivation to this revolution in me

Saw my self writing square root of sixteen on
My school note book to later be torn by my dad to smoke
Here feeling over the moon that
Am about to be done with this mess
Right a way opened my round mouth
Bound with a spell of memories and said
” we gathered around stepped out feet on the ground”
Full of wisdom Ready to recite my favorite piece of freedom.

The stage became rough laughed at me
As I heard no noise voice I said in me
“is this going to happen twice”
Wanted to lie lye down or fly away
Just to find a way to run away with my shame but still saw no way
Conversations, people’s reactions freeze
Lights turned lighter my body turned light
The roomed squeezed and seemed small
Still clanged on my lines adding a word to a word
Trying to step down to end a stanza
My heart pushed word of a tang my mom never breast fed me 
Falsha selsha the word  welcoming  freedom
To let the colors of the green shalmak wash a way our worries
Queries of slavery and memories of they the heroes who died on war
The mother raped in the eyes of her son
The man whose manhood cut in the eyes of her daughter
 A quarter aged his age after forcefully forced to sleep with his father
 A night mare she never once had testing where she came from
That poor child killed by being pound in a mortar
The pour necks which tasted the sharpness of a panga
Anger hunger that kid sitting on an anthill
Being bitten by eagles

For the first time   felt the true essence of Saint Patrick’s Day
Long at last came to realize that it wasn’t only the Irish day
But my day chanting him who from the deem raised me
Feed me with talent and wisdom wisely
Raised me to always scatter words like roses in them
They teal they who never wished me risen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Widget

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About