UNFULFILLED EXPECTATIONS

A poem by Prince Lokendo

















BUT NOW
I thought marriage would be holy
A carriage of love and caring and not folly
But now it’s a place of regrets and heartbreaks
Causing the young ones to suffer

I expected schools to be a tool
A weapon to make all minds full
Baking and brightening students’ future
But now it’s a road of hard rules and torture


I expected hospitals to cure 
A house of treating people
But now it’s like a waiting place for death
Where patients are kept to die

I took churches as sanctified sanctuaries
Symbols of holiness and unity
But now they have turned into wrestling rings
Where people fight for positions


I considered courts as pillars of honesty and justice
But now they are corruption centers
 Innocent people arrested
Leaving wives and children cold 

I regarded police stations to be
Places for protection and security
But now they are houses of robbers and thieves
Who rob and judge fairly unfair

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Widget

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About